Egg and Herb Gnocchi

inspiration: intermediate cooking series
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15-20 minutes
serves: 6


Description: This dish was easily my favorite dish of the intermediate cooking series I did. I had never heard of a soft boiled egg. I had never made gnocchi before, and what was brown butter? I now know all three and have repeated this dish many many times. I use gnocchi I have frozen and thawed. This is a great breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack......seriously my favorite dish.







                                         

Ingredients:
4 cups of cooked, cooled gnocchi
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
6 eggs soft boiled and peeled (boiled for 5 minutes then put in ice bath, white cooked, yolk still runny)
1 tbs chopped parsley
1 tsp chopped basil
1 tbs chervil, loosely picked (can find it with the fresh herbs at store)
1/2 c grated Parmesan

Directions:
1. Add butter and olive oil to pan on medium high heat.
2. Swirl the butter in the pan, once butter begins to turn light brown add gnocchi,
3. Swirl the pan again and let gnocchi cook evenly.
4. Gnocchi should get golden brown.
3. Turn off heat and add herbs, stir.
4. Season with S&P.
5. Put gnocchi into serving bowls. Add a soft boiled egg and sprinkle with parm.
6. Most important step..... break egg and stir in before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment